People are the happiest when – at least some part of their lives – takes place in a triangle between inspiration, motivation and creativity.
Whilst we all, without exception, love inspiration and motivation because they make us curious and get us into action, creativity has a more difficult reputation.
Some common beliefs about creativity are:
- Creativity is a talent you either have, or have not
- Creativity is unstable and unpredictable, you never know when it might strike.
- Creativity is artistry. Not many can life off their art. (Starving artist)
- Creativity in business (e.g. design thinking) needs to be learned, it IS laborsome and creates additional hurdles and struggle.
- Creativity is expensive. It costs time and you need education/materials/resources.
- Creativity might not bring you any ROI. You can’t guarantee (scalable/feasible) results.
And at the same time our society adores everything that is future-facing and connected to innovation and the famous ‘thinking-outside-the-box’.
I’m inviting you discover this weeks episode with Rafael Martinez on what creativity really is, what it takes to hone is a skill that we can get better at AND how to start building that habit of becoming more creative – every day.